Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chicken Wrap with a Twist


After I made borscht yesterday, I had 2 chicken breasts that were leftover. So I shredded them and put that in the fridge. For lunch I wanted a chicken salad "sandwich". So I put about 1 1/2 cups of chicken in a bowl, added a whole stick of celery, diced, 2 green onions, 2 heaping teaspoons of mayo, salt and pepper and mixed it up.
Then I took one of my low carb flatbreads and put about 2 tbsp. of the Wholly Guacamole spread on it. I spread some green leaf lettuce on it, added the chicken mix, and then rolled it up. It was very good! I find that these flatbreads only work in certain recipes, otherwise they taste "cardboard-like" in some instances. This is one of those instances. It was very filling. I could only eat half of one. Next time I will leave out the flatbread and just wrap it in lettuce. But it is a nice lunch alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment