Saturday, February 8, 2014

A New Love

 

Just check these out! They are sooooo good! I found this recipe over at Blondie's Paleo Journey.
I had given up hope of anything like cookies, but thanks to her, cookies once again can be on our treat rotation! Bless her.
  The things I changed were: I don't have xantham so I used 1 tsp of arrowroot flour, I didn't have chocolate chips, so I chopped up Ghiradelli's 60% Baking Chocolate bar, and I used peanut butter because I had that. I will try next time to do it the way she says (except xantham). As she has suggested, I think next time I will add the walnuts. That would just take it over the top. I am a very happy woman. Thank you Blondie!
*WARNING* Freeze these after you make them, or you will eat them all in one sitting!


Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 24 good sized cookies Or more if you go smaller!
Just remember to adjust your baking time if you make them a different size.

Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tbsp cashew butter (optional, any nut butter will do)
1/4 t vanilla
1 cup sweetener
3 eggs
1/4 t salt
2/3 c almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 t xantham
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 c coconut shreds (optional but amazing)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips of choice

Directions
Cream together butter, cream cheese, cashew butter and sweetener.
Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each.
Add remaining dry ingredients (except chocolate chips and coconut) and mix well
Add in chocolate chips and coconut pop the mix in the freezer to harden up a bit (10 minutes or so, roughly as long as it takes to heat the oven)
Preheat oven to 350
Spoon cookies onto lined baking sheet (about 1 tablespoon sized cookies) and bake for 20 minutes or until the top of the cookie is no longer moist and begins to brown on the raised parts.

Per cookie:
78 cals
6.9 g fat
1.4 g carb +1 carb because I used Splenda as sweetener
0.3 g fiber
0.4 g sugar
2.3 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment