Friday, February 14, 2014

Chicken in Cherry Wine Sauce

I actually don't have a picture for this, as for some reason I didn't think it would be worth it. Boy! Was I wrong! I wish I had now. But I will share the recipe with you anyway, because you simply must try this.



This is the wine I used. I bought for Christmas. Hey!
You gotta use it somewhere, right?



Chicken with Cherry Wine Sauce

3 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 c Cherry wine
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c heavy cream

Clean and trim the chicken breasts. Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and sage. Sprinkle mix on each breast evenly. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan. Place the chicken in the pan and brown on one side for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and then place the pan in a 350 degree oven.
Cook for about 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. If there is too much olive oil in the pan, remove some of it with a spoon. Cook the mushrooms in the drippings, adding some salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and sage to taste (just a couple of dashes of each). When the mushrooms are almost cooked through, add the wine to the an and stir up the browned bits. Reduce the liquid by at least half. When it is reduced to your liking, add the cream and stir. You can either serve that over the chicken, or reduce it further if you want a thicker sauce.
Slice each chicken breast and serve with sauce.

Serves 3

I put the 3rd chicken breast in the fridge to make chicken salad for lunch tomorrow.
I served this with roasted brussel sprouts roasted in bacon fat, salt and pepper, and roasted cauliflower roasted in coconut oil, salt and pepper. This was amazing.



Low Carb Reduced Sugar Blueberry Cobbler

 
 
 This is the dessert we had. I was so happy with it. It is not really sweet at all, so if you like things sweeter, you may want to add a little more sweetener. Geoff and I enjoyed it the way it was, with a bit of Cool Whip. I found this recipe at Steviva Brands. I didn't use stevia, because I am still learning about sweeteners and what I can/can't should/shouldn't use.  I also used arrowroot starch instead of xanthan gum.


 Low Glycemic Carb Reduced Sugar Blueberry Cobbler

Yields: 12 Servings
Filling:
4 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup Fructevia Steviva Blend or a dash of Steviva Brands Pure Stevia Powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
Topping:
4 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter melted
3 tbsp Fructevia Steviva Blend or a tiny dash of Steviva Brands Pure Stevia Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder

 
Combine all the filling ingredients and pour in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
In a medium bowl, blend together the eggs, oil or butter, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Mix in coconut flour and baking powder until batter is smooth. Spread batter evenly over blueberries.
Bake for 25-30 min at 400 degrees until top is browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment