Monday, February 3, 2014

Shirataki Noodles



So today we tried Shirataki Noodles. My doctor had told us about these noodles because they are 1-2 carbs per serving. So with some trepidation, I cooked these up with the chicken stir-fry I made. I cooked up chicken with soy sauce, garlic and ginger on it, in coconut oil. Then I removed that and added onions, celery, broccoli, asparagus, and orange peppers. Then I added a sweet and sour sauce I made with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ketchup, oyster sauce, and Splenda.
I took the advice of other people and rinsed the noodles well, then boiled them for 3 minutes in a bit of salted water, then rinsed them again. They do smell fishy when you open the package, but if you follow the instructions I said, they are fine. Then I cut them up into smaller sizes. There is no flavour to these, and they are a bit rubbery, but it is nice to have a noodle again. I will try these with a meat sauce. I am so happy to find something like this!

On another note, I am apparently doing well with this new way of life. My nutritionist said she was pleased with what I was doing, and that I just needed to adjust a few things. But I totally forgot to ask her about the weight loss! Or lack thereof. Geoff will be seeing her on Thursday, so maybe I will ask her then.

No comments:

Post a Comment