Saturday, January 25, 2014

Amazing Low Carb Pancakes



Amazing Low Carb Pancakes

We had to have pancakes this morning. After so many mornings with eggs, I needed something different. Strangely enough, eggs are *the* go to breakfast meal, even if it is almost every morning. My doctor told me that eggs are not as bad as the science and health community is making them out to be. Go figure. Well, we tend to go with the trends, do we not? Anyway, I found this recipe at Pilates By Lisa. I made them just the way she said, but they were not as thick as she claimed they should be, so I think next time I will use an extra 2-3 Tbsp of coconut flour. Perhaps she used medium eggs, while I used large. I also did use the almond milk.
Do NOT expect these to taste like pancakes. She calls these pancakes "to die for"....well, not quite, but they are an awesome alternative for us, and they are delicious. And of course you have to have bacon. We are using reduced-sodium bacon. We do like our special breakfasts on the weekend. :)


Amazing Low Carb Pancakes

Ingredients
1/2 cup of Milk (I use organic moo milk, but I’m sure almond milk would be fine if you’re that way inclined!)
2 organic eggs
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp of coconut oil

Instructions

Combine Coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and combine.
Crack two eggs into another bowl and whisk thoroughly to aerate the mixture, then add the milk to the eggs and combine.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together thoroughly to make a nice smooth batter.
Once you are happy with the consistency (Should be quite thick) heat a non-stick frying pan and melt a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil. Place the mixture into the pan with a large spoon to make three large pancakes.
Allow the pancakes to cook until you can easily slide a spatula underneath without breaking up the pancake (around 5-8 minutes)
Flip your pancake and allow to cook on the other side.
Serve! I like them just as they are, but you can add a little passion fruit, a chopped banana, berries…whatever takes your fancy!

1 Serving

Amount Per Serving:
  Calories 293.2
  Total Fat 21.4 g
  Cholesterol 327.4 mg
  Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
      Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
      Sugars 0.4 g
  Protein 16.8 g


No comments:

Post a Comment