Thursday, March 13, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies


Are these not the cutest little cookies? I can't remember where I got the recipe from. I remember it said that you could push your thumb into it, create a dent and put a dab of sugar-free jam in the middle. I used Smucker's Strawberry Jam with Splenda. They are so tasty, and depending on what peanut butter you use, they are 4 g net carbs. I used Skippy Natural Creamy. They are very good, and they are quite delicate right out of the oven, so make sure they cool down.
So I will go ahead and put the recipe down, and if someone knows where it came from, they can let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yields: 20 cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1 cup Splenda sweetener
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Baking powder

1.Mix all ingredients together and roll into 20 balls.
2.Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Bake for 9 to 10 minutes - bake to the size of half dollars.
3.Divide the number of cookies by the carbs in the peanut butter to get a count per cookie.
4.Note: you can use creamy or chunky peanut butter.

Roll into balls, press your thumb into it and add a dab of sugar-free jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment